What are the most important differences between CoaXPress 1.1 and 2.0?
1. All cameras and frame grabbers will start up in CXP1.1, only switching to CXP2.0 when both the frame grabber and the camera support CXP2.0.
2. The CXP2.0 can reach up to 12.5 Gbit/s. This 12.5 Gbit/s mode is referred to as CXP12.
3. The CXP2.0 standard will support the new micro BNC connector.
4. CXP2.0 supports configurations where one camera is used with multiple frame grabbers in multiple computers such that the calculations can be performed in parallel.
5. GenICam features such as heartbeat (allows synchronization between cameras), events and timestamps (actively pushed from the camera to the frame grabber) will now be supported by CXP2.0.
6. CXP2.0 will allow a higher upstream data rate when operating at CXP10 and CXP12.
The KAYA Instruments Iron camera is a small form factor CoaXPress 12G ruggedized camera. To learn more: Click here
For more information about CoaXPress 2.0: Click here